Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Miller's Prologue

The Miller's Prologue was kind of odd. You have the Knight who has told his tale to everyone. The Host asked the Monk to be next, but it has to be equal to the Knight's. So before the Monk could say anything, the Miller, as drunk as a cow, interrupted him. I guess he wanted his chance to shine or he was just drunk. This thing about the Miller: he's drunk, he's hardly sitting on top of his horse, and of course he's mean. I liked how the Host told him on pg. 40 on lines 20 that stated, "Some better man shall first tell us another." I think that the Host was mad about the Miller's drinking ways wanted him to calm down and wanted someone another person who can tell a tale that doesn't have any problems. So I guess the Miller got pissed and he made a threat-like statement by saying in lines 26, "For I will speak or else go my way." So of course the Host couldn't let him leave so he just let him tell his crazy tale. I wasn't surprise when Miller made a false statement that the Reeve had slepted with his wife because things happen when you're drunk!! It was a good thing that the Reeve had stand up for himself to tell him that it wasn't true and to watch his mouth. I think should've kicked his butt. As he's telling his tale, he's telling them, well I think the guys that he has a wife and he doesn't believe that he's a cheater. If that's the case, if you know that you're not a cheater, all you have to do is say that you're not a cheater with some confidence. To me, he's making it seem that he didn't do anything wrong in his marriage. But hey...he's a freakin' drunk!! What was interesting to me was that he didn't want anybody to blame him to what he was talking about and don't take it as a joke. I'm guessing that he want them to understand to where he's coming from and don't take the path that he went to.

No comments:

Post a Comment