Monday, February 2, 2009

Beowlf-intro

Beowulf was truly an intelligent, powerful and resourceful man. He approached the Danes in a most impressive ship, built for a warlord, it had every kind of armor and weapon you can think of. One thing about this time era that I don't like, is how complicated the speech is.In my opinion this story could be cut in half if it was fully converted into modern day English. I don't know if it's just me or not but I've spent a lot of time just trying to figure out what the hell their trying to say. But enough about that, I think that the overall story and plot was great. There are three antagonist in the story of Beowulf; Grendel, Grendel's mother, and the dragon. Grendel is a monster that kills who ever it can get its claws around. Although this monster fears Beowulf, it is more of less invincible to the Danes, but perhaps Grendel is just misunderstood, like we discussed in class, Grendel is just trying to get sleep but all he hears at night is the sound of music and laughter coming from the kingdom. I can't really blame him for being angry at the Danes but he deffinitly takes it to far when he pretty much slaughters a bunch of them setting of a chain of events that eventualy leads to his downfall by the hands of Beowulf.

No comments:

Post a Comment