Monday, February 9, 2009

The General Prologue

I just finished reading The General Prologue, and I really enjoyed it. I wasn't too sure what to expect when reading this story, I've heard about the Canterbury Tales but never read any of the stories. I really didn't think it was going to be as intersting as it was, I guess I like because of how he wrote it...starting the story out at the end of the Spring, and telling the reader that now everyone takes trips to Canterbury, then going into each person on the voyage, then at the end the game being set up.

I really liked how this was the first part of the Tales, because it gave me an understanding of each of the travelers. The writer went into great detail about each person, so I was able to have a picture in my mind of what each person looked like, and how they acted. Know when I read the tales of each person I will have a greater understanding of the person and who they are. I do like how the guy at the Inn sets up the game they are all going to be involved in, and tells the instructions of the game in this story, because know I understand what all the stories after The Generals Prologue are for!

I was a little thrown off towards the end, after he finishes the travelers stories, he goes into talking about re-telling stories, is he telling the reader that not all the stories are 100% true because they were told by mouth?? Or is the the host of the inn talking, and telling the travelers about the game, he is setting up for them to play on their voyage??

No comments:

Post a Comment