Saturday, April 25, 2009

Twelfth Night

Wow! Olivia must be some hot chick. Her mere presence takes diseases out of the air. I have two brothers and I love them dearly. But to mourn over them for seven years if one of them should die, I'm not sure I can do that. It's not normal and a little extreme. Hope I don't sound too mean.
Poor Viola. She's all alone. Hope her disguise works so she can get a job with the duke. And hopefully her brother is still alive.
Sir Toby should be ashamed of himself. An uncle is suppose to want the best for his niece. But he finds a drunk to court Olivia. No wonder Olivia doesn't like Sir Andrew. I would either. Let him go home like he wants to and stay there until he gets his drinking under control.
"The more fool, madonna, to mourn for your brother's soul, being in heaven." Even Feste the fool thinks Olivia is kind of weird for mourning over her brother so long. If her brother is in heaven Olivia should be happy and rejoice.
Viola as Cesario finally gets Olivia to take her veil down. I think her cunningness and knowing what a woman likes to hear gets Olivia to put her guard down.
"Mine eye too great a flatter for my mind." Olivia likes Cesario! Olivia likes Cesario! Finally meets a man she ca give her heart to and Cesario is a woman.
"I do adore thee so that danger shall seem a sport, and I will go." Okay, let me get this straight. Now Antonio is in love with Sabastian. He's even willing to risk his life for someone he just met.
Ha ha ! this is too funny!! Viola realizes Olivia is in love with her. She better find a way to get out of this sticky situation or she'll be a woman married to a woman but wanting a man.
Malvolio is so full of himself and so gullible. The three stooges, Maria, Sir Toby and Sir Andrew, has him walking around acting like a fool. And the yellow stockings and cross garters has got to go.
They say love is love is blind and I guess deaf too. Olivia is not trying to hear anything Viola as Cesario is saying about not being a man.
Maria, Sir Toby and Fabian are so wrong. They know good and well Malvolio isn't crazy. Locking him up in a dark room will cause him to go crazy.
Sir Toby is such an instigator. But to his surprise he has to knuckle up and fight.
Poor Malvolio!! They are really pulling one on him. Feste has joined in on the prank and of all things playing a priest. God have mercy on Malvolio.
Olivia and Sabastian got married!!! He doesn't even know he! Olivia finally got her man, well kind of.
Finally the cats are out of the bag. Everyone knows Viola is a woman. Sabastian and Viola have found each other. Yeah!! And the biggest surprise of all... Maria and sir Toby gets MARRIED! Never saw that coming.
Malvolio suffers more than anyone. I too would want to seek revenge.
Twelfth Night was a fun story to read. I liked all the twists and turns. It made me want more. I too along with Regina wonder why Shakespeare would write a story like this. Makes you wonder what role homosexuality played in this time period.

No comments:

Post a Comment