Sunday, April 12, 2009

Oroonoko, or The Royal slave

Oroonoko, or The Royal Slave was an interesting story. Not to sound to naive, but it has been one of the better stories that we have read this semester next to Beowulf. I was able to keep up with the whole plot, it was very easy to follow unlike some of the recent stories we have read.Its very interesting to me because his story is so unique(as far as I know). In this story you have a man with dark skin(of african persuassion) who is a prince. His grandfather is a king who had ten sons and one of them had sexual reations with an African women, thus the birth of Oroonoko. Oroonoko was different because his ancestory was of two different worlds. I agree with what Regina said in her blog. Regian believes that the entire book is about how true love is worth dieing for. That kind of came into my mind as well when I finished the story. I wouldent say that I was completely satisfied with the not so happy ending when Oroonoko gets chopped up.

No comments:

Post a Comment