Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sir Gawain Part 4

Getting back on track...This is where it gets heated. In a way, I feel that Gawain felt scared back and forth towards going against the Green Knight. I understand that you have a promise you have to fulfill, but if you not up to it, then as a man, accept it. Gawain lefted the castle trying to feel confident and everything, while his guide (who was feeling concerned), told him that if he faced the Green Knight, he would not come back alive. I would be concerned too if I found out that he or somebody else would to face him. My thing is why didn't he take it upon his offer if he know how powerful he is? It's nice to know that want to prove that you're not a punk and everything. I thought it funny when Gawain called the knight out at the cave to get it over with. Like come on!!! That's like asking for a deathwish!!! I also think that he is not as confident as he sees himself because of how he got ready for the blow. I also found him pathetic because he twitched when the knight was getting ready to drop his axe. The second time, I guess there was no choice and stood like a man. (Wow!!) It was pitiful to see that it was only just a scratch when the knight had hit him. To think an axe can cause that much damage, unless he was holding back. Surprisingly, the knight gave him kudos for courage and spared him. So basically, the whole thing was just to see if he he could stand on his own???

No comments:

Post a Comment