Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sir Gawain Part 3

I can't believe I forgot to do Sir Gawain 3 & 4!!! I had to reread both parts to do the blog but it's ok. Thanks to the Blog Midterm Assessment Dr. K gave me to remind me!!! Ok...where to start...Part 3 to me has some sneakiness and some deception had come into play. The host' wife, as sneaky as she could be, snuck his room to sit beside him on his beside. She didn't noticed that Gawain can play smart. He even pretended to go to sleep just see what her intention was. The saying goes, "If you play with me, I will play you 10x's harder." It gets crazier when the wife is telling him that she got him where she wants him, making threats, and even laughed at him like she's taunting him. Nothing's funny until it bites you on the butt!!! What I thought was rude was when she didnt give him a chance to to put on his clothes when he asked. Now I thought a host' wife suppose to help someone in need not make them feel that they have no chance in anything. I guess I was wrong...So there were events that were taken place:the lord and his guys were hunting, the host told Gawain that he won that hunt and for that gets a kiss from the wife. That's odd because it was already arranged and why would you want to make that type of agreement? I don't see what would she benefit from getting just a kiss....

No comments:

Post a Comment