Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Wanderer

Sorry that it a while to post this but I did read it before I read Beowolf so I apologize for the tardiness...lol!!! Ok, so I think that the story, "The Wanderer," is very scary and yet sad!! It shows some loneliness to this story if you want to put it. The beginning of the story explained how the wanderer was walking on that frost - cold sea. I felt terribly saddened when I read that part because I could imagine how it must feel to lose his/her lord and the people you care about, even if they are the ones that were fighting with you on the battlegrounds. He's like a walking soul waiting to go to the afterlife. Sometimes, I be worrying about what be going through his mind when he be traveling. On paragraph four, it stated, "he who has experienced it knows how a companion sorrow is to a man who has no beloved protectors." I think that it means that since that his beloved friends and/or family are no longer with him; he has nobody to protect him. Even if that's true, he still could've brought a weapon of some sort to protect him. I agree where the speaker says, " the wise man must be patient, must never be too hot - hearted, nor too hasty of speech, nor fearful, nor too glad nor too greedy for wealth." It may not be the whole quoting, but what I'm trying to say is that you wouldn't want to give yourself to the darkness, unless you want to see the devil. What I thought to be scary was when there were some words that he had spoken when he started to remember the large number of battles on paragraph nine. After he had spoken those words, I was trying to make out that the precious things (valuables) he had once before are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment